Click link below to read full story
What you should know, What you should do for hypos (Merck)
1. Take Action
- eat 3 or 4 glucose tablets
- 1 serving of glucose gel
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. fruit juice
- 1/2 can of regular soda (6 0z.)
- 5-6 pieces of hard candy
- 1 tbsp of sugar or honey
2. Wait 15 mins. Check blood sugar
3. If blood sugar is still below 70 mg/dl and repeat steps until blood sugar reaches 70 mg/ml or above.
4. If your next meal is 1 hr. or more away, eat a snack once youe quick-fix foods have raised bloodsugar to 70 mg/dl or above.
5. Call doctor if you do not feel better, or if blood sugar stays below 70mg/dl, and if you experience low blood sugars several times per week.