I found this article posted in my endocrinologist’s office.
The North Face, Columbia, Patagonia, Salewa, and Mammut company clothing, footwear, and camping equipment that contains PFCs that damages the endocrine system and causes cancer. PFC can also be found in the following products:
- Takeout containers such as pizza boxes and sandwich wrappers
- Non-stick pots, pans, and utensils
- Popcorn bags
- Outdoor clothing
- Camping Tents
- Stain-repellant or water-repellant clothing
- Stain treatments for clothing and furniture
- Carpeting and carpet treatments
- Certain cosmetics, particularly eyeshadow, foundation, facial powder, bronzer, and blush.
1. Search online for sustainable businesses near you.
2. Use stainless steel, cast iron (can be found at thrift stores and flea markets), and BPA-free plastics
3. Buy non-GMO microwavable popcorn or buy popcorn kernels to pop.
4-8. Read labels and look for alternative products (e.g., buy a wool or sisal-wool blend carpet and natural cleaning solutions.) You can also research eco-friendly methods to clean your old carpet, clothing, tents…to get rid the PFC.
9.Natural & organic cosmetics which includes body powder, nail polish & remover, eyeliner…
- Juice Beauty.
- Real Purity.
- RMS Beauty.
- Jane Iredale.
- ILIA Beauty.
- Burt’s Bees